Chiang Mai Tours & North Thailand Tours
With over 10 years combined experience, we offer authentic tours of Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Mae Hong Son and authentic hilltribe villages. We aim to show you the real northern Thailand, not the tourist version, by observing and interacting with locals. We prefer to get off-the-beaten-path and explore rural areas away from the tourist crowds, delving deeper into the local culture and way of life.
On our private tours, our local guides will become your local friends, sharing the beauty of their homeland with you. Just tell us what you want to see and do. Some of the activities your tour can include are; authentic hill tribe villages, local markets, traditional food, buffalo riding and farming. Please visit our Tours and Homestays pages for more information.
The Most Amazing part of our trip!
(Kati, Brooklyn, Feb 2016) I don't usually post reviews of anything online but in this case we had such a phenomenal time with Winai and our host family that it didn't feel right to keep silent. The experience we had with them was truly unforgettable. We learned so much about Hill tribe culture but whats more we feel like we came away with real lasting connections with ...
Exceeded all my expectations
(Katherine, USA, March 2016) Our day trip with Anan Ben was a day I'll never forget. He took us to visit hilltribes, and our experience was a complete delight. We learned so much about the culture of various tribes, and had multiple conversations and interactions with the residents of these villages. We were, for the most part, completely off the tourist track. We were in e...
Truly excellent trip that left us filthy rich with unforgettable memories
I must say I've been travelling before but I don’t think I've ever gotten so many memories from one trip that I got from that 5-day tour of Northern Thailand, which started in Chiang Mai with our amazing tour guide Piak. The list of places that we saw and went to was just so long and full of different experiences, that it seems like a month's worth. There was ...
Memories are made of this - Thank you! (Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai tour)
Outstanding. Highly recommended for families...adventure..great food..and most importantly great company...thanks to "Ae' and "Od" (Mark, Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai tour , February 2013)
A Different Kind of Tour in the North......
How our tours are different
- We specialise in personal hands-on experiences that allow you to see the real northern Thailand through the eyes of a local
- Our guides will take you on a cultural journey, to get 'up close and personal' to the local way of life, for example through activities such as offering alms to monks or helping out on the farm
- Our itineraries are not fixed, this flexibility enables greater opportunity to explore local life along the way, without the restriction of schedules
- We follow the rhythms of local life, and often come across unexpected local insights and surprises
- We combine travel to well known places with off-the-beaten-path areas, this channels revenue to communities located off the tourist trail
- Private tours mean that you receive the dedicated attention of our guide and driver, who can change the plan of the day to accommodate your interests and needs.
Our tours are based on a guiding philosophy of fair and responsible tourism, we aim to ensure locals benefit directly from your visit, so we don’t have all-inclusive pricing. Please visit our Responsible Travel policy page for more detail. We have also created the Picture Me Back project, which raises funds for hill tribe individuals who struggle to pay for health and medical care. Would you like to purchase a picture to remember your travels in northern Thailand by? The proceeds from sales go towards this fund, for more info visit Picture Me Back.
holidays in thailand